Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

All these parts compatible?

• Please log in to reply

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
I agree with jrm. If you find a mobo that is higher up but same price, get that. And I thank jrm for giving a reason and not just saying ECS is bad, get something else. Thanks for adding a suggestion :whistling: props to you.

Advertisements

kr580

kr580

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
nvm.

Edited by kr580, 24 August 2006 - 11:05 PM.

joybz

joybz

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
One thing, the mobo u chose i carnt find it on that link. and from what i see theres a fair few with only AGP.. im not familiar with eco so just make ceratin that its not an AGP board ur buying for those PCI-E gpu's oh an if ur wanting multiple gpu's i suggest taking a look at crossfire and not SLI.. crossfire preformes much better than SLI.

kidnova

kidnova

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
"crossfire preformes much better than SLI."

Hmmm...most of the articles I've read have it the other way around. The only time I've seen Crossfire outperform SLI is with the extreme top of the line X1950XTs. Everything below that got better results in SLI. Not to mention, SLI is generally easier to set up than Crossfire.

Just my observations though, I was wrong once before. :whistling:

Edited by kidnova, 29 August 2006 - 02:43 PM.