Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Speed

• Please log in to reply

matt.

matt.

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
Hey, ive got the new broudband 2+ in Australia-W.A

and my friend get his downloads to go 300Kb/s and mine is 200 max?
what are some thing what would be stopping my internet from going its full potential.
ive got all recommened lines from my router. Belikin.
and whats some thing what would be stopping my net from going any faster?!?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
it's possible that he has a different service than you....if this is dsl he could be closer to the dsl distribution center....you could have a virus or malware....you may have a different modem....there might be aliens sending weird mind controll rays into your phone lines to control your every actions.....could be alot of things

matt.

matt.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Hahahahaha alien control lol.

im talking about the obvious things. we got same modem and he lives like 3 mins away from me... there isnt any diffrence im thinking its the wall conection i got. i got the old one. that might be slowing it down no i dont have any malware becz ive been testing it. just any obvoious things that could help speed it up.?!?!!