Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Red X Outlook Express question

• Please log in to reply

rainbo

rainbo

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
This has been bugging me for forever and I'm finally getting around to asking why it happens so we can fix it. It just happened again, so I'm annoyed and frustrated at the moment.

9 times out of 10, if someone sends an email to me with pictures in the actual email, I can see them fine unless the email comes from my mother. If I click to forward that same email to my mother, she always gets a RED X where the picture is supposed to be. The only way I can send the pictures to her is to right click each one, save it to my computer and upload it as a file attachment into a new email. She has to do the same for me. I can see the pictures on my screen when I forward the email, but once it arrives to her, she doesn't see them. Why is that? It's really annoying. I'd like to just forward an email and not have to worry about saving the pictures to my computer each time. I'm sure there's just some silly little thing that we both need to do in order for this to work, but we can't figure it out. I assume everyone else is getting the pictures that I'm forwarding, if not, they're not complaining to me about it. I still have the email that I tried forwarding to my mama, so whomever helps me can see the email if you need to.

Thanks so much in advance.

I should add that my mother also has to save the pictures to her computer before and reloading them into a new email before I'm able to see them. She said she sees them fine when the email leaves her, but by the time I get it, there are only red x's.

I use Outlook Express and I believe she does, too.

Edited by rainbo, 08 June 2006 - 11:50 PM.

Advertisements

rainbo

rainbo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Pic to show what I'm talking about.
Animation1.gif

Edited by rainbo, 08 June 2006 - 11:59 PM.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Check both of your computers to see if you have "html" checked in mail sending format in the send tab. If either one has text checked all pictures must be sent as attachments. By forwarding the mail you are sending them in the same format they came to you so the forwarded mail will get the red x's also.

SRX660

rainbo

rainbo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Thank you so much!!! I'm going to check it and have my mama check hers too. I'm sure that will solve the issue. If not, I'll be back. :whistling: