Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Razr V3 wont connect

• Please log in to reply

lpchris85

lpchris85

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
i recently bought a new Razr V3 phone from motorola, provided through T-Mobile. I really like the phone, but when i try to connect it to any of my pc's through the usb cable it will make a noise to recognise the attachment, but doesnt bring up the normal "new hardware advisory" that it has with everything else you would normallyy connect. my question is: is there software im missing or does anybody know if there is a common problem among the Razr V3's and their connectivity?

Advertisements

Gamerlicious

Gamerlicious

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
Isn't it supposed to show up in the removable storage devices in the my computer folder?
If it's not working, the phone may need to be flashed. I don't know if you can download the flash software anywhere on the internet.
I repair V3 Razrs for T-Mobile. So if you do end up returning it, I may be the one who fixes it.

Gamerlicious

Gamerlicious

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
This website has flashing guide and software. I don't know how reliable this website is. And reflashing your phone can mess it up.

http://www.planetmot..._flash_flex.htm

Again I don't know if you want to use a third party flash program, but if your willing to risk it. First press *#9999# on your phone to see the S/W version. Then load the matching version from here:

http://www.planetmot...reflash_mlp.php

If yours isn't on that list look around on the website, it might be on another page.

Also, when you first connected your V3, did you check if it showed up in the device manager?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Doesnt always come up, they usually get picked up automatically as a modem not a storage device because the v3 storage isnt accesible via my computer at least mines isnt.

Have you got the drivers and software installed?