Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need new power supplie

• Please log in to reply

paradien

paradien

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
do any of you people know any ?

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Do not go cheap on a power supply. I have repaired numerous computers, including replacing motherboards- video cards- sound cards- and hard drives, simply because the PS was not up to snuff to power the computer. Cheap PS's will have low 12 lines which will cause havoc with any hardware powered by the 12 volt line. Higher amps means everything to powering the latest hardware. Get a PS that has at least 18 amps on the 12 volt line. Heres a website on what to look for.

http://jonnyguru.blogspot.com/

You might get by with this PS.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16817153007

SRX660

paradien

paradien

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
i like thermaltake but i need a 500 watt cuase i plan to sli and possibly get another g of ram

Edited by paradien, 09 June 2006 - 01:09 PM.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
I have an Antec TruePower ( http://www.newegg.co...N82E16817103933 ) and it's getting the job done, and done quietly. I highly recommend it.

Second I highly DON'T recommend SLI. Although others differ, I believe that for the price of two cards you can get one great card that performs better than the two put together. SLi just doesn't seem worth the money. Another gig of RAM however will help in almost every computer related task.

paradien

paradien

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
umm well im only going to sli two en6600gt andwhat diffifrence would it make if the ps is sli approved?

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
You would be better to get one 7800GT, which is cheaper then two 6600GT's and has a better performance. Just my two cents on the matter.

Fenor

paradien

paradien

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
actaully there werent that expensive
i payed like 152 for one

Edited by paradien, 09 June 2006 - 07:56 PM.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Two months ago when I got my two 7800GT's, they were only $270 a piece. I'm sure you can find them cheaper then that now.

Fenor