Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lag Spikes

• Please log in to reply

archwar

archwar

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello and hi, this is my first post here. Well I've got some questions I hope I can get answered here.

I recently bought a Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO Router so my brother and cousins can share my internet.

We all play MMORPG's so after I got the router running we tried playing for a bit worked fine, then lag spiek kept on hitting us, surfing the web or not we had the lag spikes and not just once in awhile but once every 5-10 minutes with the lag spikes lasting way past 10 secs. All the computers we tried using wireless and ethernet same issue.

So we tried calling comcast. They said the modem is workign 100% and they couldnt find anything wrong with it.

My uncle who uses the same router doesnt experience this kind of problem. anyone know whats going on?
Any help would greatly be appreciated thanks.

My modem: Motorola SB5120
Cable Provider: Comcast.

Advertisements

Listerofsmeg

Listerofsmeg

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Try reseting The Router, then run the network wiz again(if using it)and see what happens.

That's the only thing i can think of!

Edited by Listerofsmeg, 10 June 2006 - 02:12 AM.