Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No admin logon available only guest

• Please log in to reply

mermaid41

mermaid41

• Pip
  • 1 posts
How do I change my user to admin. My WINXP home has no admin. Users shows only 1 user as guest. This is a reinstall of Windows. No way to add user in user in control panel. The guest is under Owner. No guest account only owner as guest therefore no admin. Owner account is not admin. No admin account in safe mode

Edited by mermaid41, 09 June 2006 - 09:21 AM.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi mermaid41! Welcome to G2G!

The Administrator account is only shown when you log into Safe Mode, which is a diagnostic mode of windows which is used to trouble-shoot/fix problems with the operating system. Therefore, it will not show up when you boot up Windows normally for every day use. You said you have an account named OWNER and a GUEST account. The Owner account is a computer administrator type account, which is what you want to use for day-to-day operation of your computer.

Fenor