Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need only a (Y/N) response to a question

• Please log in to reply

jerrykr

jerrykr

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, just found this site and registered. Glad to be here.

Yesterday I was lucky(?) enough to somehow get the vundo trojan on my PC. :whistling:

I am a photographer and I need to deliver a set of images to a customer via burning a CD-R.

Does this Trojan propagate itself via media copies? In other words, will I be putting my customer at risk if I burn the CD and deliver it to them?

Right now, the info I have seen seems to indicate that the Trojan is only gotten off a malicious web-site.

I will be following the advice I see here to remove the Trojan, but need to be careful for my customer's sake.

Anyone know?

Thanks,

-=- Jerry -=-

edited: I'm sorry if it appears that I am urgent on this question, but I need to deliver a CD-R into the mails tomorrow - Monday, and if I could have some expert assurance that I won't corrupt my customer's business system, I would sure appreciate it. Also, I do plan to contribute $$ to this site.

thanks again.

Edited by jerrykr, 11 June 2006 - 08:30 AM.

Advertisements

jerrykr

jerrykr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Sorry, just saw the "no bump" request. My humblest apologies.

thanks.

Jerry

Edited by jerrykr, 11 June 2006 - 08:33 AM.