Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Using the arithmatic (formula) feature in WORD97

• Please log in to reply

wdc202

wdc202

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Given a WORD table with 3 columns (A, B, and C) and 500 rows .... I know how to print the sum (A1+B1) in C1 using the Tables\Formula\SUM function. But how do I print the difference A1-B1?

Is there an easy way to do all 500 SUMS with a few key strokes, rather than repeating the operation 500 times? That is:

Print An + Bn in Cn for n=1 to 100?

Thanks.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Have you tried doing it in Excel its alot easier as the arithmatic and table functions in word arent very advanced in comparison.

wdc202

wdc202

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Thanks, but I do not have Excel on this PC. I wonder why MS included a SUM function in WORD tables but not a DIFFERENCE function; or am I missing something?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Sum is a more common feature, its just basic thing they include alot of stuff to give some basic funstionality. You might try an online spreadsheet app if you need somthing more complex i think google spreadsheet is online.