Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

reading log files?

• Please log in to reply

crawleycruise.co.uk

crawleycruise.co.uk

• Pip
  • 7 posts
i work for a cable tv company, and a customer is trying to sue me for unstalling her windows excel.

It really makes me laugh, as all i did was remove her dial up connections when install our broabband disc.

Is there a way to read a log of what has happened?

I heard you can sometimes read a file ie, swop and see what has been opened, clsoed, done ect on the pc.

She is telling my company that each time she goes to open excel, it asked for a window 2000 disc, witch seems very strange to me.

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Well, rest easy...you didn't ininstall her Excel when you upgraded her internet service. Her MS Office 2000 has found an error, and it wants the original cds to repair the damage. She needs to insert the disks and follow the prompts, or uninstall Office, reboot, and reinstall it. (She will not lose any saved documents or work during this procedure)

This is an ordinary situation with MS Office 2000, and it was coincidental that Office threw an error when it did. Tell your boss to PM me or post to this thread if he has any questions.

Johanna

crawleycruise.co.uk

crawleycruise.co.uk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
just hunny, they want me to go round there tomorrow to look at.
I`m smack her in the head lol, can you email me the details you have done to my email please and thanks

Edited by crawleycruise.co.uk, 09 June 2006 - 01:03 PM.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
To prevent your email address being harvested by spambots on the open forums, we removed it. I assume you removed the pictures and the captions? Please remember we are a "family friendly" site, so please do not post anything of an "adult" nature. Thank you for your cooperation.

Johanna