Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Xp start-up order

• Please log in to reply

wizzygoth

wizzygoth

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi all

It's been bugging me for a while now, as I could not find a way to make XP load...say the Video driver or anti-virus or other components like anyDVD in the order I would like them to start.

Does anyone know if it is possible to do so ?...even though apps appears to be loading in a different order every windows start!

Regards

Wizzygoth

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
drivers are a different issue....windows loads them before you have any control

The only way to load startup programs in a certain order is to write a script file to start them and remove them from the various start locations.

There is a utility that did this for you automatically, hiding the actual mechanics of it from you, but I cannot seem to recall its name or developer....

And it cost something like $30

wizzygoth

wizzygoth

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for your fasr reply :whistling:
If you do remember what the app is called, then please let me know.
I've tried googling without any luck in the past ...to see if there is an app that does the job.

Regards

Wizzygoth

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
here's an article on how to write a script

http://aroundcny.com...launcher98.html