Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help removing spyware

• Please log in to reply

Atomicdogg97

Atomicdogg97

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, I am a computer novice and I need help removing spyware from my computer. Sometime ago, Need2find adware got onto my computer. Apparently this adware affects your web browser. Anyway, I have Norton antivirus and I actually purchased SpySweeper to try and remove the adware. Everytime I run these programs, they find the adware and say that it is deleted. However, it is never actually deleted from my computer. I can run the programs over and over and everytime it identifies the adware and says it is deleted, but it isn't.

I went to program files from the C drive and found the folder that says "Need2find". When I try to manually delete it it, a window pops up and says "Cannot delete, access is denied. Make sure that the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not currently in use". I am guessing that soemthing is preventing me from deleting this from my computer. Does anyone have any idea what I could do? Thanks!

Advertisements