Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Messenger 5.0

• Please log in to reply

scraptooth

scraptooth

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Help Please: Does anyone know how to use Windows Messenger to share out a video session? I have 1 cam at company. I would like that to be used so a remote user can watch - remote user doesn't have cam - I think this is the problem. I am having trouble sharing the cam. Almost looks like the remote user needs a cam to to complete this connection. When I try to pass out the cam, the session ends, the remote user can't connect. It's not the cam Logitech-this is working. IT is something w/ Messenger or the remote user not having a cam.
I use Windows Messenger no MSN Messenger. Thanks for any help.

Advertisements

Diamond Jim

Diamond Jim

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Scraptooth, I'm not positive but I think in order for the webcam to work with Messenger, you have to have Version 6.2 or higher. The other party doesn't need a web cam to view yours, they just have to have Version 6.2 . .........Diamond Jim