Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What makes a great RPG game?

• Please log in to reply

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
Hey guys, I was just on the FF7 topic when i wondered, what is it that makes an RPG great?

FF7 has a lot of things that make it great :

Strong Story Driven Plot

Side Quests

Free Wandering to some extent

Oblivion was a big disappointment for me, the graphics are great but it lacks in many ways and im not sure why, it has all the traits of FF7 but i find myself getting bored when i play it.

Knights of the old republic 2 i have started playing and i find very good, tho not as good as FF7, it keeps my interest longer than Oblivion.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Im going to go for lots of nudity make rpgs great.

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
hahaha, i could recommend a few but id have my accound suspdeleted

Crater

Crater

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
I think story-line and character build-up / background is EXTREMELY important. I found FF7 to by my fav amongst RPGs as well. Oblivion I think is lacking a good party-aspect. Single player is great, but controlling just one character gets old, and boring. FF7 gives you NUMEROUS characters all with diff weapons and playing styles. Oblivion gives you one character.. To customize pretty much however you want... but it's still just one character. I think some small party multiplayer action would beef up the elder scrolls games a bunch.

NoReMaC

NoReMaC

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Yea that's true, But I still love Oblivion :blink: I think customizability and choice make a good RPG. In oblivion, you can join guilds, fight in the arena, all that kinda stuff. I find that more fun than the main quests in the game sometimes :whistling:
But character and storyline is also important.

Edited by NoReMaC, 15 July 2006 - 01:26 PM.