Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD-Rom Drive not opening

• Please log in to reply

K-Dawg

K-Dawg

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
Okay, so i put in this CD a day or two ago, and right after that, my CDRom Drive would not open. So i did a manual open when i put a paper clip in that little whole and got it out. Now when im in My Computer, it still says that that cd i put in earlier is in there, but when i click one of the files it says it cant be found. I also tried the manual open and putting a cd in there, and it was not getting read. I was just wondering what i can do to get my CD-Rom drive to open and read CD's again.

Advertisements

Dark_Side

Dark_Side

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
Hey there, how ya doing?

This could be one of alot of problems.

1. Your CD-ROM may have jammed when you inserted the CD. (It's possible the CD was not the right size or was not inserted properly)

2. Your drivers are not updated to the latest ones. Check if your drivers are up-to-date using the device manager.

3. It's time for a new CD-ROM :whistling: :blink: :help:.

DS

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
What happens if you try going to the drive in "my computer", right click and select eject? Does it open then?

K-Dawg

K-Dawg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
DS- I got the CD out doing hte manual eject, so it didnt jam it. But i may have to take your advice to update the drivers, or get a new CD ROm
Austin- It does not open when i do that.

K-Dawg

K-Dawg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
wow, okay, when i first restarted my comp, it didnt work, when i did that it was like 2 days ago, but i restarted it ealier today and it now works. haha, thanks for your help guys.

Dark_Side

Dark_Side

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
I'm glad it worked out for you.

DS