Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Can't play mpgs in IE browser window

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
iTunes made quicktime my default mpg player in IE. Since I couldn't view videos fullscreen I tried to returne realplayer to the default player. So I tried to fix the file association and now, when I open a mpg with right click, open link in new window, a dialogue box comes up, the file downloads to a temp folder, and realplayer opens up and maybe the video plays/maybe it doesn't. I can't even play videos in the browser at all now.

How do I return to opening videos in a browser window- with IE toolbars/address bars and the realplayer green screen with play button integrated into the browser window?

Any suggestions?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Check iTunes for a restore associations option