Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ICS works, but client PC can't see workgroup PCs

• Please log in to reply

Revdoc

Revdoc

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a wireless router connected to a cable modem. I have several PCs with wireless nic's that work fine, one of which (I'll call it the server) is also connected via crossover cable to another PC (the client) that doesn't have a wireless nic. I have ICS enabled on the server, and the client is able to access the internet just fine. However, the client is unable to view the other workgroup PCs, it can only see the server. The server is able to view all other workgroup PCs. I know that the problem is the server and other PCs are on 192.168.2.X subnet and the client is on 192.168.0.X. I have tried bridging the connections but XP's ICS is not compatible with the bridge function. I think the route command could solve the problem but I don't know how to use it. Any advice?

Thanks,
Josh

Advertisements

chicagotech

chicagotech

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
correct, this is routng issue. try to enable ip routing. this how to enable ip routing may help, http://www.howtonetw...ing/routing.htm.