Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video card help

• Please log in to reply

crazyrayman

crazyrayman

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok i just bought a new hard drive installed it and installed windows xp professional on it then i installed my video card in it when i try to play videos with windows media player winamp etc the video doesnt play its get all sluggish and it takes awhile to end the task but When i unistall the video card i can play videos just fine do you think it has sumthing to do with the Power supply since its only 300 watts :whistling:

Advertisements

Hawaiantom

Hawaiantom

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
What are the specs to your machine? Also is the software up to date on the video care all the lastest drivers? 300 watts is kinda low depending on what you have in the machine. Your specs will tell me what you need

crazyrayman

crazyrayman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
segate hardrive 160gb 7200rpm
Nivida geforce 6600 AGP 256mb
Power supply:300 watts
A7V8x-LA motherboard
CD-RD drive 48x32x48x max speed
756mb of ram
AMD Sempron processor 3000+

crazyrayman

crazyrayman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Also when i play games i can play a game for about 30-1 hour then the coumputer freezes completely

Hawaiantom

Hawaiantom

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
Under a heavy load your card is using 202 watts Found here

So I would say that it is the power supply. Your supply does not have enough power under a load thats why its becoming sluggish. I would suggest at least 600 watts.

Just my two cents.

Tom