Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Reinstaling Battlefield 2

• Please log in to reply

Killi

Killi

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Hey people...

I've decided to reinstall my favourite game BF2 after completely uninstalling it a few weeks ago for a reason i can't remember :whistling:

Install goes fine and i press all the right buttons that you would normally press, however,
When the install screen thingy says it gets to

C:\... \EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Objects_client.zip (about 65% through the install bar)

an error message pops up saying Battlefield 2 could not install, please try again.

After trying numerous times under different conditions ive decided i need some help:P

So if anygone could shed some light for me it would be greatly appreciated :blink: :help: :)

Killi

PC STATS ARE:
Windows: Windows XP5.1 (Build 2600) Service Pack 2
Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180
Memory (RAM): 512 MB
CPU Info: AMD Athlon™ XP 3200+
CPU Speed: 2196.3 MHz
Sound card: C-Media Wave Device
Display Adapters: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 | NetMeeting driver | RDPDD Chained DD
Screen Resolution: 1280 X 1024 - 32 bit
Network: Network Present
Network Adapters: VIA Compatable Fast Ethernet Adapter - Packet Scheduler Miniport
CD / DVD Drives: D: _NEC DVD_RW ND-3500AG | E: YF5103M UFD824Y
Default Printer: Auto Epson Stylus COLOR 680 ESC/P 2 on GEORGE
COM Ports: COM1
LPT Ports: LPT1
Mouse: 5 Button Wheel Mouse Present
Hard Disks: C: 114.5GB
Hard Disks - Free: C: 8.4GB
USB Controllers: Detected: 5 host controllers.
Firewire (1394): Not Detected
PCMCIA (Laptops): Not Installed
Manufacturer: American Megatrends Inc.
Product Make: K7VT6
Serial Number: 00000000
AC Power Status: OnLine
BIOS Info: AT/AT COMPATIBLE | 07/19/04 | AMIINT - 10
Time Zone: GMT Standard Time
Battery: No Battery
Motherboard: K7VT6
Modems: Not detected

Edited by Killi, 11 June 2006 - 03:37 AM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
you may want to search the forums here or go to the official bf2 support site and follow the manual install instructions.

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
I see you have alot of gaming problems. Get the latest video drivers. System restore back before you installed your graphics card and BF2 then try and install again.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
rumble,

Video drivers aren't related to his issue he reported. The problem has been so rampent that EA has a faq on how to do a manual install.

Manual install:
follow this link

tweak guide:
http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_4.html

munky

munky

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
I have the same problem. I recently bought Special Forces, and when I tried to install it, it wouldn't work. I think it has something to do with the new bf2 patch. My friend had to remove some stuff from his reg. and reinstall everything.
So, I'm trying the same. I uninstalled BF2 and Special Forces, and now I can't get BF2 to install again. I'm getting the same error as Killi.

Also, I've tried the manual install, and it gives me the same error.

Windows XP Pro SP2
1gb RAM
Althon XP 2800+
ATI X800 Pro
-------------------------

EDIT:

I just tried to install again, first from the disk images with no avail, but then again from the CDs. Whenever it doesn't fail right off at the objectsserver.zip file, it fails shortly after.

I get MD5 Errors..
MD5Error:E:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Common_client.zip, Retry?
and then again.. fonts_client.zip
I click retry over and over, and it just keeps coming back up..so I click no, and the installation continues.

the installation process made it to the 2nd disk to mods\bf2\Levels\kubra_dam\client.zip

and then...

Failed to install Battlefield 2, try again from the beginning.
Setup has encountered a serious error.

If it's not one error, it's another. I think I had this same problem when I tried to install it the first time, but one time it just magically worked..and I want to make it work for sure. I've even redone my Installshield..but still nothing.

Edited by munky, 28 July 2006 - 01:45 PM.

munky

munky

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
anybody?

munky

munky

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
bump for help still needed!!!

klefroid

klefroid

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had unzip program 7 zip installed and it seems this was the issue, after remove other unzip software and install winrar it worked out fine for me ... Have fun
Sorry for my english as i am a duch guy ... :D