Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Audio Problems

• Please log in to reply

unda_dawg82

unda_dawg82

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have been having adio problems ever since I let this guy clean my computer of viruses. It worked but during the process I guess he erased some sort of audio feature. I know it's not my speakers because I can play and hear my music on windows media player or of I watch a movie on Real Player but if I am on the internet and, for example on Myspace.com or youtube.com, i cannot hear any music that people may have playing in the background on their pages on myspace. so bottom line I can hear all of my music on all media applications with the exception of maybe 2 such as Sony Acid Pro, but I cannot hear any audio while browsing the net. If anyone has any solution to the problem, it would be greatly appreciated if you can assist me!

Advertisements

Hawaiantom

Hawaiantom

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
:whistling: Hi and welcome

Ok it depeneds on the browser you are using so I hoping your usieng IE Go to tools, Internet options, Advance tab then scroll down to multimedia, make sure play audio is checked. I think this will also fix it for firefox too. Since Fox imports IE settings. That should solve your problem. Let me know

unda_dawg82

unda_dawg82

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
thanks for the reply. I just checked that and it's already checked. also. I notice anything that uses windows media player on the net to play a video or just audio file....I am able to hear it but anything else, i can't hear it.

Hawaiantom

Hawaiantom

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
Can you get audio on anyother site? Like say streaming a radio station

Hawaiantom

Hawaiantom

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
Look at this and try it Here

Edit

I think I jump the gun there wrong thing

One more simple thing when the windows media player opens its not muted and the little slider for the volume is all the way up right. Also on myspace I know that you can disable sounds from starting. So thats why I suggest to try a streaming audio and if open your volume control nothing is muted correct?

Edited by Hawaiantom, 11 June 2006 - 07:56 AM.

unda_dawg82

unda_dawg82

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I also tried that too. I followed the directions on the Microsoft website and nothing but just a reminder...I can receive audio on internet explorer if the video or audio file uses Windows Media Player i don't know what the problem is man. Also on my sony acid pro program I can't get any audio, so it may not be just an Internet Explorer problem. But yes I can get streaming audio as long as I can access windows media player to play the file

Hawaiantom

Hawaiantom

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
Sound card drivers all up to date right?

Hawaiantom

Hawaiantom

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
Go back to post two and follow those directions again uncheck it click apply close IE then open it back up and check it again. Try updateing IE make sure its all theway uptodate. There has to be a plugin missing. I just have not found which one yet. Dont give up still looking

unda_dawg82

unda_dawg82

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I just did everything and still no luck man. I downloaded Internet Explorer 7 too. any other info you may need?

Hawaiantom

Hawaiantom

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
IE7 Being Beta software and it not being as stable as 6 I would back up too six the only reason i said to check for updates was too see if you had sp1 for iE 6. Also can you do a system restore to a date when the sound was working properly. Also under the device manger doe you have any conflicts?

Edit

Edited by Hawaiantom, 11 June 2006 - 10:11 AM.

alfabet3

alfabet3

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have this problem too. except i cant play any music anywhere! it says there is no sudio output or sumthin like that.. can ne1 help me bcuz i am not very good with computers.. thnx my fellow geeks =)