Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can i increase mt d drive size on dual core processor

• Please log in to reply

radct25

radct25

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i have a athlon 64x2 dual core processor my c drive has 95% free but my d dribe is almost full it only has 1% remaining the size of my d drive is 8.0 gb while my c drive has 95% remaining w/ a capacity of 225 gb my d drive is used for recovery and is a fat 32 while my c is a ntfs in comouter management it says d rive is a heathy page file and c is a healthy system is there a way 2 increase my d drive size will it do it harm??thank you for your replies

Advertisements

HaraldR

HaraldR

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
Hi.
Are Cand D are partitions of the same Hard disc?,if so then you can resize D to what you need by taking space from C and adding it to D
eg make C say 215-220 Gb and D say 13-18Gb. You will need to use a program like Patition Magic .No data will be lost in either making C smaller or making D Bigger.

If you have 2 seperate Hard drives then copy data from D to a temporary folder on C ,replace D hard disc,and copy data back.