Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Backup utility

• Please log in to reply

Pluto56

Pluto56

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Hi guys.

I'm looking for a free download of a backup program so that I can backup my files to CD-R or CD-RW. The burner program on my puter won't do a backup unless I want to pay for an upgrade (Sonic Record Now). Of course I can do one manually, but time consuming and always feel like I'm forgetting something.

Just want a neat little package, that I can preselect what is to be backed up, and just insert my cd, double click, and backup anytime I want.

Thanks in advance! :whistling:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
See how you get on with WinBackUp from my signature

amahesh

amahesh

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Try AllenPort.com ... new product pretty stable .. online and offline back up tool ..

Get away from stocking CD's in your closet and labelling them and then keeping them where you will
find it easily ..

AllenPort creates a virtual drive and everything you drop in that drive is backed up remotely .
You can access these files from anywhere by simply installing AllenPort and then uninstalling .

The tool is very simple to use , infact that is all there is to it . Install it , it creates a drive and now you use the drive like any other drive you have .

Pluto56

Pluto56

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

See how you get on with WinBackUp from my signature

Thanks Keith,
Still working with it, seem to be having a problem with it saving to CD, but I'll get it sorted out.
Thanks again!
R