Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V no longer work

• Please log in to reply

nomar05

nomar05

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Windows Keyboard Shortcuts have gone crazy on my Inspiron6000.

Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V no longer work. After awhile, the keyboard not longer responds either. Striking the "F" key reacts like a Ctrl+F "Find" feature. I have to reboot to use the keyboard.

Thought we might have caught some sort of virus, but McAfee says it's clean. I tried a system restore to an earlier saved date without any luck. Next I did a Dell PC Restore by Symantec (F11) and Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V are still screwed up Ran McAfee again to no avail.

Anyone have an idea what can be done? Please help!

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi nomar05...

Smells like corrupt drivers to me...

Check on the Dell Support site and see if there are updated keyboard and touchpad drivers available for your machine. Just select your make and model from the drop-down menus on the right side of the page.

wannabe1

nomar05

nomar05

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thx for the suggestion wannabe1.
I downloaded the latest touchpad drivers and rebooted...but no such luck :blink:
I did not see any drivers specific to the keyboard. :whistling:
I'll take another look for keyboard drivers.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Please go to the Malware Forum and follow the instructions. If anything is found while running the applications suggested there, post back to this thread and we'll look a little deeper. Let's just make sure there's nothing malicious on there first.