Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Browsers Exiting

• Please log in to reply

JTingly

JTingly

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Ok, i posted this i think a month ago, but i didnt generate any responses. This is my situation, i have 3 browsers, IE,Maxathon, and firefox. And all of them have the same problem. I go on a site like myspace pages. Pages with the myspace music player..that myspace made itself, makes the whole browser to exit.
Its not only for myspace as well, other sites occasionally has it as well. In addition, same goes for a program as well. Limwire starts up on its nice little box, and it exits couple seconds later. I've been on the limewire forums, and some people suspect that its a java problem. What do you guys think?

Advertisements

CJIS

CJIS

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
Ok it could be a problem with Java but it could also be spyware or maybe a virus. Firstly I would check your computer for viruses and spyware becuase the limewire network is full of them.

JTingly

JTingly

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Well,i doubt its a virus..because limewire hasnt caused me a problem for a couple years.

CJIS

CJIS

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
Well if you have checked for viruses and spyware then i suspect it could be a java problem as limewire is based on java. I would first go and download the latest version of java and then uninstall both limewire and the java system and then re-boot, then re-install the java system, and limewire if you wish to keep it.

I do still suspect there are spyware/malware problems on your PC and advise you to run some scans on your PC andd see what the results are, becuase if limewire is causing this problem and it is spyware re-installing the application will have no effect whatsoever and your problem will keep returning.

Edited by CJIS, 12 June 2006 - 11:57 PM.