Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HSF

• Please log in to reply

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Hi.
I have a 3.0ghz pentium 4 proc socket 478, had the the original hsf for 3 yrs now it's loud and hot (58 degrees playing games and 50 at rest) so i am looking for something to replace it with. Problem is all the nice heat sinks and fans are huge in size and i don't have that much room, i have a p4p800e deluxe mobo in an antec sonata II case. The zalman 7700 is too big and i am not sure if zalman 9500 (can anyone confirm this?) will fit either. So i am looking for a decent heat sink and fan around $70 that's quite and cool and can fit in the case with the mobo. I am in canada so anything from www.ncix.com (the canadian newegg) would available to me.
Thanks a bunch

Edited by †Gladiator†, 11 June 2006 - 08:23 PM.

Advertisements

BARROS

BARROS

• PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
Hello †Gladiator†,

I had a look around that site that you put in your first post and came across the zalamn CNPS7000B-CU -
http://search.ncix.c.....e=ZALMAN TECH

That HSF will fit onto a socket 478 motherboard and is under your budget. Zalman have got a good reputation for quality HSF's that do the job very well and very quietly.

Hope this helps :whistling:

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Thanks man, i saw ur posts about HSF, right now i am deciding between 2 zalmans
the 7000 or the 9500. (7700 won't fit.... :whistling: ) in terms of performance are there any differences? I know that they are both pretty quiet and i am willing to shell out the extra bucks for the 9500 but i read that the 9500 doesn't cool the sorroundings of the cpu as well as the 7000.
So thx again for helping me out

BARROS

BARROS

• PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
Bear in mind that those reviews are based on peoples computers which can be in different situations and different temperatures.

I am sure that if you keep your pc in a cool area, and your pc case has excelent air flow then that HSF that I showed you will do the trick.

Let me know if you need any more help :whistling: