Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't Establish Wireless Connection

• Please log in to reply

JoePa85

JoePa85

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I have a brand new Dell Inspiron E1405 Notebook computer that I cannot get to establish a wireless connection. In the lower right tray under "wireless connections" it shows "one or more connections are available". However, when you click to see available networks it states: "Windows cannot configure this wireless connection. If you have enabled another program to manage this wireless connection, use that software. I have a NETGEAR router (secured) and several other systems connected to it. I’ve never had a problem before with either a desktop or notebook system. This computer detects the wireless network and shows a strong signal however there is no IP Address. Additionally, I tried using a USB wireless adapter. Although it also detected the network, it still won't connect. I appreciate any assistance.

Advertisements

Hawaiantom

Hawaiantom

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
Hi and welcome,

Click on the icon in the system tray. Click on advance settings it should bring up a window click configure next to your wireless device. Click advanced tab scroll down make sure that WZC mangement is enabled click apply. Restart machine. That should solve your problem.