Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Need help on how to clean a case

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
Hi, I need some advice on how I can clean my thermaltake tsunami black with side window.

The shiny black part looks like it could take automotive wax, anyone reccomend anything for the shiny black parts? What type of cloth.

How about the plastic side window? Mine has a few scratches, it gets scratched VERY easily.

Oh if you have not seen the case then here it is: http://www.thermalta...ami/bwa/bwa.asp

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I would not suggest waxing a case. If they need cleaning i will use window cleaner and a soft cloth like a old bath towel. Be careful of the window cleaner. Do not use cleaners that have ammonia or alcohol. Some will cause problems with acrylic plastic crazing. Try some on the case where it will not be seen first. Otherwise i use a drop of Dawn dish detergent in a bowl of water(mixed throughly). Use one wet cloth to apply and a second dry cloth to wipe off until dry.

I do use auto wax on the windows to fill in small scratches. Try to find the swirl and scratch remover waxes. Buffed with a bath towel most should come out. Deep scratches will always show. The wax will cause some distortion in the window. Not much but in certain light it can be noticeable.