Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Version checker is undefined? What does this mean?

• Please log in to reply

PCdinosaur

PCdinosaur

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Version checker is undefined is the messgae I get when I click on the exclamation error in Yahoo mail. Recently I can read, but cannot send, reply, forward or open attachments in Yahoo e-mail only.

I am in the process of running the malware scans suggested here (from an earlier post).... I'm almost done.

Thanks for your help!

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
have you modded your messenger? It sounds like an update is in conflict with a mod

PCdinosaur

PCdinosaur

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Like my name says, I'm a PCdinosaur and don't know what modded (modified?) my messenger means. So I don't know if I have. I know I have downloaded some stuff for grad school. I did a system restore (someone told me how to do it) to see if I could go back and maybe them my e-mail would be fine. I can't remember the date it started not to work, but the furthest I was allowed to go back to was May 29 and it didn't change anything. I am SOOOO frustrated, I can't send e-mails, reply or open attachments in Yahoo e-mail, but my other e-mail works ok. But my Yahoo is my primary account for schhol and friends. :whistling:

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
How to provide a screen capture

Press the Print Screen (sometimes this key is labeled Prt Sc, or Prt Scr) simulultaneously

Open Microsoft Paint (usually Start > All Programs > Accessories > Paint)

On the menu bar at the top, choose EDIT > PASTE

Save the file on the desktop by choose FILE > SAVE AS

Click on the DESKTOP button on the left side of the dialog box, then in the FILE NAME box type
screen1
and under SAVE AS TYPE, choose
JPEG

Click the SAVE button

Close Paint

To attach the file, click the ADD_REPLY button at the bottom of this thread. When the window opens, scroll below the message box to FILE ATTACHMENTS, click BROWSE, click the DESKTOP button, then choose SCREEN1, then click the OPEN button.

Now click the ATTACH button, then click ADD_REPLAY button

PCdinosaur

PCdinosaur

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I got another e-mail from Yahoo with instructions. I changed several things such as enabling ActiveX controls and plug-ins, disabling script debugging, unchecked reuse windows for launching short cuts and now I can send e-mails out of Yahoo and see Jpeg images. YES!!!!!!! Success!!!!!!!
Thanks to those that responded to my questions!! You guys rock!