Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Home Networking/Printer

• Please log in to reply

Trigg

Trigg

• Pip
  • 1 posts
First off, hi and thanks

Ok, I have a Dell running Windows ME and Compaq laptop running Windows XP Home running to a DSL modem (Westell Versaling 327w)

I can see the opposite computer from both the desktop and the lapop. I can can see and access the files between them. The issue I have is I cant share the printer connected to he desktop. I can see it,but gives me an error when connected to it. It says something about the drivers not being compadible (Im on the laptop at work,so cant give the exact error) I have run the installation program for my printer on both the XP and the ME versions. How do I get them to be compatible with each other. Let me know if you need more info.

Advertisements

JoKeR

JoKeR

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
First of all: is Sharing enabled for that printer? Are the printer drivers installed on all three of the computers?