Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CoD 2 install error

• Please log in to reply

Ps2mAnIaC

Ps2mAnIaC

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, i just bought CoD 2 and when i got home to install it...it autoruns fine and it installs fine up till disk 4...when i get to disk for it tells me there is in error and it says cant locate iw_14.iwd locate and make sure you can access....once i cancel it i get a 2nd error message

screenshot of error1:
http://img479.images...coderror6ps.jpg
screenshot of error2:
http://img222.images...oderror24ws.jpg
ive tried installing many times but once i get to this error it just doesnt progress anymore so i have to start over

my system specs are
p4 3.2 ghz
1 gig ram
radeon 9600xt 128mb vid card

Thankyou,
John

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Check and make sure that the fourth disc is not scratched or dirty. If it is, clean it, or get a CD-repair thing and try again. Also, is this a retail version? Used? eBayed?

Ps2mAnIaC

Ps2mAnIaC

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thanx for your response...it is a retailed version from walmart NIB ill look for scratches and such thanx!

Ps2mAnIaC

Ps2mAnIaC

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Disk has no scratches and i used a Disc Doctor to clean it up and still nothing : /

anyone else have any ideas...and could i just get this file from sumone else and put it in the destination folder and continue to disk 5?

Thanks,

John