Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NTLDR is missing

• Please log in to reply

rappa

rappa

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi on my computer I have an error message every time i load up that says that NTLDR is missing. On this computer I have Windows Xp Media Center Edition 2005. Instead of recovery cds, HP has the new computers with the recovery files installed on the hard drive and u press F10 to recover, but now when I even try to press F10, it says that the NTLDR is missing. So I can't even get into recovery console that way. On the computer I am using right now, I have Xp Pro with the installation cd, but I can't put the ntldr and ntdetect.com file from the xp pro on the media center 2005 can i? I don't know what to do now, does anyone have the media center 2005 and can copy the 2 files and maybe the boot.ini if i need it and upload it to a site for me? I guess i could copy the contents of my xp pro onto this comp, replace the 2 files: ntldr and ntdetect.com with ones from a media center install, then go to recovery and copy the 2 files into the C directory???? Thank you so much if anyone can help me out :whistling: :blink:

Advertisements