Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

is my hard drive dying?!

• Please log in to reply

Darth_Hatter

Darth_Hatter

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
hello, recently i have been getting a lot of random lockups. at first it was just playing games like CS but its been happening more such as last night when i was transferring a lot of files over a network. it seems that it freezes mostly when the hard drives are being heavily accessed. im also getting an error when i try to use media monkey, a program that sorts music and then fixes the tags, as it searches my music folder.

Posted Image

that is the error i get

any ideas on what is up?

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I do not think it is your hard drive. This is more of a OS problem as windows XP and the ntfs file system uses databases to link to drivers. Somewhere one of your programs has changed the link to the drivers. Some antispyware programs will do this.

Heres a tech article on ODBC of which i can understand only parts of it.

http://www.activexpe...ivmonitor/odbc/

All this is well beyond me but i thought you would like this information.

SRX660

Darth_Hatter

Darth_Hatter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Thanks! ill check it out

kiriyama

kiriyama

• Pip
  • 7 posts
media monkey seems to be using the ODBC database function, you getting that error due to a fault in whatever Database its trying to read access in general,

u could try reinstalling the software OR if the program has a repair option try that