Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Free firewall alternatives to Sygate Personal Firewall?

• Please log in to reply

gust0208

gust0208

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
Hey everyone,

I was installing software on a new computer and was saddened to see that Sygate Personal Firewall was no longer available (boo on Symantec). I am looking for other free firewall options. I have used Zone Alarm in the past and been satisfied, but really enjoyed some of the extra features of Sygate. I also checked out Kerio since they used to provide a free personal-use version, but it also looks as if that has been removed! I would really like to have the outward bound protection that the built-in Windows firewall does not provide.

Thanks for any tips and I had not realized the free personal-use firewall options had been reduced in number.

Cheers,
Tom

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Some of the firewalls which have moved to being paid for versions, still have previous unsupported versions available

http://www.filehippo...ware/firewalls/