Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

system restore

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hey guys...
on my other computer my brother got that stupid msn virus... the problem that im actually having is turning off system restore on that computer.. im using xp sp2 but when i go into my computers properties it doesnt have system restore.. i then went into accesaries and found system restore but when i tried to open it up it comes up with this message.

"System restore has been turned off by a group policy. To turn on system restore contact your domain administrator"

Im on a home network, using a router. How can i give permission to my other computer to access system restore.. i Know how to fix the virus but i need to disable system restore..

Hello sorry for the delay in replying if you are still in need off help

If you would please, rescan with HijackThis and post a fresh log in this same topic, and let us know how your system's working. ;)
Kc :tazz:

No reply from user

Topic closed