Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

SiS 7001 PCI USB not working

• Please log in to reply

89Camry4WD

89Camry4WD

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
forgot to compress it

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
don't wait up....this will take some time to decipher and I am ready to turn in for today,,,too tired and I do not want to mess things up

Will post back tomorrow

89Camry4WD

89Camry4WD

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
It's on the one i edited above.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
actually, everything in there "looks" ok....I think it is working properly from an operating system perspective

Once again I come back to the idea of hardware. But, what hardware? Do you have or no anyone who has, a powered USB hub? Do you have a second computer?

My thinking is two-fold.

Your USB devices are powered with 5 volts--your power supply supplies three ranges of power--12volt, 5volt, and 3.3 volt. Very few things use the power supply's 5 volt rail. In fact, all that comes to mind is the power swith (used to be videocards used it as well) If your power supply cannot sustain 5 volts, or is supplying less than 5 volts, it may be the cause of your devices not working...they are simply not getting enough power.

A powered usb hub might show us if this is the case, or barring that, I would swap power supplies with another machine and see if the situation recurs

89Camry4WD

89Camry4WD

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Sorry it took so long to reply, our video card stopped working and the monitor wouldn't work so we had to get a new one. We don't have a second computer. "I would swap power supplies with another machine and see if the situation recurs" what do you mean by this to take out the part where the power goes in?