Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC crashing problem

• Please log in to reply

YZC

YZC

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Recently, i've been experiencing frequent system crashes. I would like to know if there's anyway to check the source of the problem.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi YZC...

Let's wait to see the outcome of your topic in Malware. If you are still having problems when you get a clean bill of health from pomp, post to this thread and we'll see if we can't help you find the problem.

wannabe1

YZC

YZC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hihi, the malware has been removed from my pc. The crashing problem still exists. Basically, it happens while playing games or loading websites with lots of pictures. When the system is left idle, chances of it crashing is very small. Actually this happened after i had sent my pc for repair a few months ago and had since changed my motherboard and video card.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Good job...your last log looked a lot better... :whistling:

Let's try adjusting the video acceleration down a ways and see if it helps with the crashing. Right click on the desktop and choose "Properties". Under the "Settings" tab, click on the "Advanced" button. Click on the "Troubleshoot" tab and adjust the Video Acceleration slider down to about half. "Apply" the changes and reboot.

Use the machine as you normally would and see if the crashes stop or at least occur less frequently.

YZC

YZC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I've run my games for a few times and the crashes are still happening. As these crashes happen at random, all I know now is that the crashes are still happening while the system is loading softwares etc. It also happen when windows is startup and while loading the system tray items.

YZC

YZC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
erm... is wannabe1 still around? Its been a few weeks....