Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Half Life Source - I'm Stuck!

• Please log in to reply

trappershell

trappershell

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Calling on all are more brilliant than myself - which is probably all of you.
I have, (new to me) Half Life 2 Game of the Year Edition - and am working through Half Life Source first.
I'm in SURFACE TENSION and have worked my way through to the point where smashed a grill on a roof, dropped down into a pool of water and climbed out of the water into a pipe - As I went down the pipe, a marine opened the door, placed a charge and I turned and ran back and jumped in the water. A big fireball from the explosion came down the pipe. When it cleared, I climbed back out of the water and went down the pipe - and there I am - stuck - the end of the pipe is "closed" and I can hear voices but can't get out. I even resorted to going to a walkthrough - which seems to imply that I should be able to go right out the end of the pipe. No Can do.
Any ideas? Am I just totally missing how to do this? Is it some type of game glitch?
Anyone have any hints or sympathy?
Trappershell.

Advertisements

Rothers2005

Rothers2005

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
no worries bud il install HL2 today and work through and get back to you

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
I'll reinstall HL and see if I can get to where you mean. Make sure that you can't jump-crouch out, or crawl, or anything. What's on the other end of the pipe?

Also, Rothers...he's talking about Half-Life 1, not 2. Installing 2 will not help him at all.

Rothers2005

Rothers2005

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
well i just noticed that its HL1 and not HL2 as ive just speeded through most of the game :whistling: and no need to be arsey at least i offered to help thats what important but il install HL1 and go through that 2moz how far is surface tension into it?

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Farther than I thought. I'm at the part with all the crazy laser activated turrets. I'm pretty sure Surface Tension is the level when you get to the surface correct trapper?

Rothers2005

Rothers2005

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
OMG! i cant believe ive lost my copy of HL 'best get to ebay cheap games WOO!'

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You can DL it from steam if its registered with them, or just buy it from them $9.99 and you get to play it any pc you have anywhere in the world. Or you can pick up the premium hl2 packs in shops no one bought them and alot of places still have them i see them in game on the top shelves sometimes for only £25 and it comes with the back catalogue.

Rothers2005

Rothers2005

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
thanks for the info warriorscot but i got the HL gen off ebay for £1.45 (+£2 P+P) anit bad for £4

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah, ok just ebay you arent guaranteed its real, i like steam its a good way to get games, Its only £5.50 off steam not bad for peace of mind and steam registration to me.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Trapper, I'm getting closer to Surface Tension. Right now I'm in the level Power Up (the one with that giant, fire spewing thing) but I've been held up because I get to the generator and turn them on. Main Power is one, unit 1 is on, and unit 2 is on but when I get to the tram, it says "Main Power is NOT on!"

Maybe if you help me find what I'm missing here I can help you in a couple hours :whistling:

trappershell

trappershell

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
you have to go past that giant ugly mutt and down the left hand corridor to the room on the left to turn the main power on. I sure appreciate you trying to help me out.
Never having played the game before, I'm not sure how far through surface tension I am - but it looked a fair way through on the walkthrough that I went to when I tried to figure out what was wrong.
No crouching or banging or laying of charges or anything will seem to get me out of that frakkin pipe.

trappershell

trappershell

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
By Grapthars Hammer!! I did it!
Duhhhhh....patience is a virtue so I'm told - I waited and waited and waited and WAITED, thinking of things I could do - all the while hearing Marine's talking over their radio's - then suddenly one of them OPENED the end of pipe again - and I shot the bugger with some GREAT satisfaction!
I'm pretty sure I got past my problem thanks to GOOD-GEEK THOUGHTS from you all! Thanks for all your efforts on my part.
and ummmmm, trappershell is a salute to my Dad - this he is a she!

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Glad to find out that you figured it out! Whenever people talk, just because I also enjoy a good RPG now and then, I tend to stick around and listen, so I may never have understood what you meant! Good to hear you figured it out!

Second, thanks for the main power tip, I'll go try that now, see if I understood you correctly :whistling:

Rothers2005

Rothers2005

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
well done bet is feels better to think it out yourself but everyone needs help from time to time

QueBall

QueBall

• Pip
  • 1 posts

By Grapthars Hammer!! I did it!
Duhhhhh....patience is a virtue so I'm told - I waited and waited and waited and WAITED, thinking of things I could do - all the while hearing Marine's talking over their radio's - then suddenly one of them OPENED the end of pipe again - and I shot the bugger with some GREAT satisfaction!
I'm pretty sure I got past my problem thanks to GOOD-GEEK THOUGHTS from you all! Thanks for all your efforts on my part.
and ummmmm, trappershell is a salute to my Dad - this he is a she!

Update to this old topic. I Stumbled upon this thread doing a Google search and decided to go investigate how long the wait was.

You do not need to wait, it does no good anyhow. Just press the use key (default key mappings that would be the E key) on the door at the end of the pipe. Pushing against the pipe causes the door locked sound but pressing your use key will open it up. The NPC character does not open this door.

I can see how this gets confused since running into the end of the pipe makes it sound like the door is locked and there is no image of a handle on the inside of the pipe door (there is a circular handle shown on the outside of the door though)