Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

start up won't complete with dsl cable ataached

• Please log in to reply

boxje

boxje

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi,

I'va had a trojan (agent winlogonhook) and we succesfully removed that. But still one problem keeps occurring.
During start up (while the dsl cable is plugged in) i get stuck on the desktop. the toolbar in the bottom left corner will not completely start. When i unplug my dsl cable 8 out of 10 tmes it will start up fully.

When start up does succeed and i plug in the cable and try to access the internet it says that i am refused.

can anyone please help me.

My correspondence in the malware forum is to be reached with this link. (hopefully)

agent winlogonhook plays hide and seek

boxje

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I am not 100 percent certain that you actually got the entire trojan

Your problems symptoms indicate that a program is attempting to run/call out during boot up.

Lets run a test before we send you back to malware....XP Pro or Home? Does your system log onto your user account at startup?

Does the symptom recur if you log on with safemode with networking, by tapping f8 as the memory counts up and choosing that option from the boot menu?

Does the symptom recur if you log on with safemode WITHOUT networking, by tapping f8 as the memory counts up and choosing that option from the boot menu?

boxje

boxje

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi,

i'm sorry but i just did a format c action. and reinstalled everything. for as far as i can see all problems are gone.

thanks for your time, boxje