Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows wont boot

• Please log in to reply

mince

mince

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, I have an AMD athlon xp CPU with 512 RAM, Nvidia 5700 GPU and an Asus A7N8X MB. Recently when I start my computer, it undergoes the usual sequence of starting up but when windows tries to go to desktop, I get a very brief flash of a blue screen ( so brief that I am unable to read the message) then it reboots and repeats the cycle over and over, never going to desktop. I do not get any error reading on posting from the motherboard and I haven't made any recent changes to the computer. The only new software I installed recently were some children's games. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
can you ever get into windows at all? can you get into safe mode at all? do you have your xp cd? or just a recovery disk? or neither? (what kind of compouter is it?)

mince

mince

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I did the windows recovery from the windows CD and it went to desktop initially. When I did a restart, the same thing happene; it reboots just before going to desktop. I am unable to start in safe mode. This is a home built computer AMD athlon xp 2500, 512 Ram, nvidia 5700, Asus A7N8X deluxe.