Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of Duty Problem

• Please log in to reply

Grzz

Grzz

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello,

I have been playing multi-player for quit some time. I must have closed the game when the internet was searching for other games when I got this message, (It appears that Call of Duty did not quit properly the last time it ran). It asked me to go in safe mode and the boots me out. In safe mode it tells me CoDmp.exe has encountered a problem and need to close. In other world the system won't let me play on multi player games. The system is a 3.6 GHz with a 256 video card with a GB of Ram. I obviuosly tried to get out of the game when it was searching for games. What can I do...

Thanks,

Grzz

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Just clarification:

Will the game not open at all now? Or will it only not let you play MP?

Have you tried reinstalling the game?

Grzz

Grzz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello,

It won't let me into the multiplayer at all. I tried reloading and is still doing the same thing. This is what I get:

A "Run is safe mode" window appears and says, "It appears that Call of Duty di not quit properly the last time it was run. Do you want to run the game in safe mode.

An when I do it gives me the .exe error I stated above.

Trent

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Don't run the game in safe mode. Run it normally. If you quit out of a game (or some games) without clicking quit it will think the game crashed and will WANT to run in safe mode. However, just run the game normally.

Grzz

Grzz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello,

If I don't go into safe mode it come up with a window the says, "CoDmp.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close." It asks me to debug or send a report and boots me out.

Thanks,

Grzz

Grzz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Is there any help out there for this problem... :whistling:

Thanks,

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Have you tried uninstalling the game via Add/Remove Programs (after first backing up your saved games if you wanted to) and then reinstalling the game?

Grzz

Grzz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I have tried to deleting the CoDmp.exe from file and reinstalling the game and still give me the same message:

It appears that Call of Duty di not quit properly the last time it was run. Do you want to run the game in safe mode.

An when I do it gives me the .exe error I stated above.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Wait, are you ONLY deleting the multiplayer file and then just reparing the game? Don't do that, that won't help. Delete the ENTIRE game from Add/Remove Programs, then install the entire game. Deleting CoDmp.exe won't fix the problem.

Grzz

Grzz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello,

I did just what you said and still gives me the same message. I think it wants something to close. I am computer stupid. I just don't know enough to fix this...

Advertisements

TuuriHage

TuuriHage

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hello I've same problem ... Single player works fine , but multi player dot work at all?

ryan64089

ryan64089

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

Ive been having the same problem, i downloaded the demo and i was in the middle of the single player and i hit the windows button to minimize and i brought it back up and it closed down with out any error...when i rebooted the demo i got that same message...

"Run in safe mode?

It appears that Call of Duty 4 modern warfare demo did not quit run properly the last time it ran. Do you want to run the game in safe mode? This is recommended for most people. It will change your system settings but not your controls."

if i click either yes or no it will go to he main menu then close down again, so i thought the demo was corrupted.
I recently just bought the game thinking that everything should be fine but i got the same message again.
Ive tried reinstalling it deleting all the folders. i would never be able to play the single player but i played the multi player a couple of times but then it started to do the same thing.
It would be great if someone could help, thanks

nasdax

nasdax

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi all i have the same thing , if you just plug in your head phones it fix it this is from what other have said

Press no,
be sure you have a microphone in you PC when you play. its becuase ACTIVISON makes a little mistake.
just have microphone in your PC

Have you encountered this?? if you put the microphone then dis confirmation will not come back again??.. anyways thanks for the comments..

Edited by nasdax, 16 April 2008 - 07:33 AM.

GAVEEEEEEN

GAVEEEEEEN

• Pip
  • 1 posts
HELLO.

I HAVE ALL THE SAME PROBLEMS!!!! :) AND MY COMPUTER IS FINE WHEN I TRY AND RUN THE GAME THE MESSAGE POPS UP SAYING DO I WANA RUN THE GAME IN SAFE MODE.IT HAPENS WHEN I DIE AFTER THAT IT KICKS ME OUT.AND WONT START UP OR WHEN IT DOES AND WHEN I WANT TO LAY FROM A SAVED GAME IT KICKS ME OUT AND THE ROBLEM STARTS ALL OVER AGAIN.

CAN SOMEONE PLZZZZZZZZZZ HELP.!!!!! :)

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
Uhm.. ok. Don't post your problem on another person's topic..(especially not one that's years old) and don't shout. You will get no where.

If you have cooled off, create your own topic with polite and proper grammar, and link to the other threads that have similar problems.

-Jason