Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Xp Won't Boot, Stuck At Welcome Screen

• Please log in to reply

The Silent One

The Silent One

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My friend asked me to fix his comp, and i looked at it and it seems he deleted his boot files. It wont boot up in regular fashion, nor will it boot safe mode. I tried to install a diff. OS (the one compatible with the system) and it wont boot from disk either. Its a comp. he got from work and it also seems to be tryin to boot up Novell Netware. Its a Pentium III 650 MHZ HP Kayak (1998). If anyone can help me, please do.

Red

**current OS is XP**

Edited by The Silent One, 13 June 2006 - 12:10 PM.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I don't know what you are saying... when you tired to install a different OS...what is the different OS? What is the original OS?

Why do you think it is trying to boot up Novel Netware?

The Silent One

The Silent One

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
the computer was made for a 98, but he had XP installed and now the XP wont boot. i tried to put 98 back on but wont boot from disk