Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

upgrade video card

• Please log in to reply

mrdrphil007

mrdrphil007

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
I just ordered a 7900 GT KO superclocked to replace my 6800 GT, and I want to know how to properly install it. I installed my first one okay when I built it, but I've never done a swap before. How should I go in order of things? uninstall 6800 GT drivers, run driver cleaner, take out 6800 GT and put in 7900 GT, install drivers. Is that right? I just don't want to screw this up.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Pretty much it, you could even get away with just updating the drivers if you are lucky.

mrdrphil007

mrdrphil007

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
Thanks for the help. This card is incredible.

3dmark05 was 9133

CS:S stress test was 138.24 fps

Earlier I was playing Doom 3 with EVERYTHING maxed out. I couldn't go anywhere near max settings with my 6800 GT.

Comrade General

Comrade General

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
Enjoy it. (But try 3DMark06 to get you disappointed. :whistling:)