Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

D:\ is not accessible - Incorrect Function

• Please log in to reply

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
ok, now I am ... confused...or maybe not

Your desire is to...what?

If you want to put a blank cdr in there, and write to it like dragging and dropping files to another harddisk, you need to install packetwriting software

Nero, by itself, does not do this, but instead, you need to install the packet writing software called incd, then format the disk, then drag and drop it

Or, you put the disk in, use the nero normal software, copy the files into the explorer-like window, and it opens and closes the disk during the burn

So, what are we trying to achieve here?

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Solved :whistling:

I had to install DLA software.. drive letter access. The techs at IBM told me this when I called them to ask for new mobo drivers. Piece of software called SonicDLA, or thereabouts.