Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Monitor or video card problem?

• Please log in to reply

evildead82

evildead82

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Howdy folks - a little help please.

My monitor works fine, it's just that when it goes into sleep mode, and reactivates the screen is warped and i have to turn the power off and then back on to fix it. Does anyone know the source of this problem and how to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot,
Chris :whistling:

Advertisements

strikermed

strikermed

• PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
That sounds like a Driver problem to me. Or a problem with windows. Check if you have all the current windows updates, including the hardware and software updates available when you go into the custom selection and not the express section on teh windows update website. Then I would check if you have the latest drivers for your video card. Your video card's manufacture will have them at the website. keep me posted on how it turns out. Oh, and what kind of card is it? That might help a lil bit... maybe include your system specs in your signature for future help.