Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

win 98 HTL assistance

• Please log in to reply

teresamay

teresamay

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
I have a topic posted in the operating system section about this problem. I thought it was a system registry problem. I have run a system repair program and repaired all, but my problem was not fixed.
All started when I could not download a file from my email. Te error message said it could not download with the accessability wizard running. I opened the accessability wizard to see if there was some way to turn it off. I found nothing. Then the download error said a file was missing that was needed to complete the download. I tried to repair this with 98 CD. No luck. I even tried to reinstall windows 98 hoping if there was something missing it would be replaced. The install would not complete and my PC would not boot up. I did a system restore and when it booted up most of the icons on my desktop had changed. The are a piece of paper with a folded edge.
I have run the spybot and Avg. I did have some spyware but removed it. I do not know what else to do. So I made a HTL for someone to look at.
Thank you!!!

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 6:10:03 PM, on 6/13/06
Platform: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SPOOL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RPCSS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE