Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

OUTLOOK OFFICE 2003 WILL NOT OPEN

• Please log in to reply

heritage

heritage

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
My microsoft Office Outlook 2003 has stopped opening. I cannot access any contact information nor calender information which I desperate need.
This problem started last thursday.
Here is the error message that I get.

CANNOT START OFFICE OUTLOOK. UNABLE TO OPEN THE OUTLOOK WINDOW. THE SET OF FOLDERS COULD NOT BE OPENED. THE SERVER IS NOT AVAILABLE. CONTACT YOUR ADMINISTRATOR IF THIS CONDITION PERSISITS.

I can open my Outlook Express so that I can receive e-mails, but I really need the Outlook 2003 to work.

The blue line at the top of the pages that normally says Inbox - Outlook Office 2003, now says Archive Folders.

I have no idea why it says that.

Can you please please please help me.

Thank you,

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
it sounds as though your outlook cannot contact your mail server... are you using outlook to connect to your ISP's mail account? or is this an account on a server at work?

heritage

heritage

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
not on a server at work.

i guess i am using outlook to connect to the ISP mail account. I really don't understand what you are asking.

But, all I know is that everything was fine until last Thursday night when I started getting that error message. I find it strange that the Blue Line at the top of the page keeps saying "archive folders".

heritage

heritage

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I have not heard any response on how I might solve this problem for the error message that I get with my OUTLOOK OFFICE 2003.

Can someone help me?

Thank you,