Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do you delete other administrator accounts

• Please log in to reply

aquevedo831

aquevedo831

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
Hello, I have another administrative account on my computer that I cannot figure out how to delete. Can someone help me delete this account. Also I how can i change the name of my administrator account because it is named administrator and I want to change it to my name. Thank you

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start, control panel, user accounts then user accounts, your name should have computer administrator, the other one is the XP administrator account

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Best to leave the account named 'Administrator' (the one created by Windows setup) as it is, and create a new account for yourself with the same administrator priveleges. It's bad practice to rename the existing default
administrator account. It's likely to mess up the names of the various account folders if you do.

Edited by pip22, 14 June 2006 - 04:51 AM.

aquevedo831

aquevedo831

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
Thank you, your information has been very helpful.