Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nvidia GeForceFX 5700 Driver HELP!

• Please log in to reply

Scrilla

Scrilla

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
Recetly without messing with my drivers or anything else a game I always play started telling me that i didnt have a 3D graphics card, or the driver was out of date. So according to the nvidia site when updraging drivers you have to uninstall the current driver, so I selected "Remove all drivers including display" and it prompted me to restart and I did. As it tried to restart I got a flash of the blue screen, then it restared again, nothing I tried worked other than "Last known working configuration". So after the restart I try to run the driver installation and it says something like "Can't install blah blah with curent hardware". I have no idea what to do :whistling: Please!!

Scrilla

Advertisements

cheathawk1

cheathawk1

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Two things,

One: what error message is it? the exact one without the "blah blah blah".

Two: does your video card still show up in Device Manager? If it does, have you tried rolling back the drivers, or installing the new drivers form there?

--Chris

Scrilla

Scrilla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
BTW, on my Device Manager "Nvidia nForce3 250 AGP Host to PCI Bridge" has a "!" over the icon, I tried updating the driver and it asked me to restart the comp started fine but after the windows loading screen it just went black. If i press enter I hear windows start but can't see anything. So I was forced yet again to "Last known working Config."

EDIT: Didn't see your post until after I posted. Yes, I also tried to rollback the driver but none where backed up. :-(

Scrilla

Edited by Scrilla, 13 June 2006 - 08:13 PM.

cheathawk1

cheathawk1

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Have you tried rolling back the driver from the device manager? If that doesn't work, try installing the original drivers from the original CD that came with your card.

--Chris

Scrilla

Scrilla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
I woulda have done that long ago if i still had the disk. Any ideas about the "!" on the AGP PCI bridge.

cheathawk1

cheathawk1

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
What kind of video card do you have? AGP or PCI? Also, what does the status box say for the AGP PCI bridge? (right click on the "AGP PCI Bridge" and select properties, its the first box that shows up)

--Chris

Scrilla

Scrilla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Its a Nvidia GeForce FX5700 (AGP) and the status box says "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"

cheathawk1

cheathawk1

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Three things.

One: just to be clear, is the "AGP PCI bridge" your video card? or does your acctuall video card show up somwhere else in device manager? Also, what heading is the "AGP PCI bridge" under? (ie. "display adapters", "other devices" etc.)

Two: if it IS your actual card, try uninstalling it from the device manager, and then clicking "scan for hardware changes" basically start from scratch. Then try installing the new drivers again.

Three: Are you positive that the new drivers your installing are for that specific card?

--Chris

Scrilla

Scrilla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
One: No its not my actual video card (I dont think) I don't see the name of the card anywhere in the manager.

Three: Yes 100% sure on the driver applying to my card.

cheathawk1

cheathawk1

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Whats the heading that the "AGP PCI bridge" is under?

Scrilla

Scrilla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
It's under system devices... I just downloaded the nForce3 drivers from the nvidia site and installed them hopefully after I reset I'll be good to go.

cheathawk1

cheathawk1

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Good luck, and I appologize for not being bale to help you out with this one, if you solve it please post what you did here and let me know, I'd greatly appreciate it. I have not seen this erro message before now so I'm curious as to what the problem is.

Goodo Luck!
--Chris

cheathawk1

cheathawk1

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
lol, i just thought of another thing you can try if that doesn't work. You might try using booting in safe mode and then using system restore. This might restore the registry back to the usable state that it was in before.

--Chris

Scrilla

Scrilla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Yeah, I thought about the system restore idea but I had it tured off to remove a virus and forgot to turn it back on. Anyway, After installing the nForce3 Drivers I got BSOD and had to restart but after that "Nvidia FX5700" appeared under "Display Adapters" but it had the "!" on it so I updated the driver with the one I downloaded. All is well now except I have "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)" Error on "Nvidia Network Bus Enumerator". Any ideas on that one?

EDIT: BTW, I dont think "Nvidia Network Bus Enumerator" was even on the list before installing nForce3 drivers.

Edited by Scrilla, 13 June 2006 - 08:58 PM.