Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Linux Cause Windows Server 2003 Service Problems

• Please log in to reply

aallord

aallord

• Pip
  • 1 posts
At work my current configuration is Windows 2003 Servers, XP desktops and two Linux servers running as part of a workgroup for using Samba file sharing, MySql and Apache web server.

My "Network Engineer" is claiming the Linux boxes are creating problems on the network with Windows 2003 Server, such as time sycnhronization, DNS, DHCP etc.

The most recent problem the network engineer pointed at the linux boxes for messing up the ISA server ability to handle DNS. Though I found in MS KB818821 the problem resided with ISA.

Since Linux is not congifured for ISA, DNS, DHCP, Domain controller or Time Synchronization, is there any way someone knows that Linux can alter these services when they aren't trusted on the domain and not a member of the domain?

I am lost as I have not found anything out there that would indicate this problem could occur either way.

Advertisements