Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Too much knowledge

• Please log in to reply

jmanic

jmanic

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I made a big boo boo. And now I have a very expensive centerpiece on my table. I had the window screen up and it was just scrolling like it wasn't going to start, so I hit the crl-alt-delete and went to the screen that asked if I wanted to restart in safe mode, last good configuration and a few others and I chose the wrong one. All I get now is a small flashing rectangle in the upper left hand corner once it starts. I can get to the bios screen by pressing f10, and I can reboot by doing the control, alt, delete and that is it. No other keys work and I can't get to safe mode no matter what I do. I thought that there might be a key stroke sequence that would get me in. I have tried to boot from cd, without any luck at all. It does start and then it will run for app. 30 seconds and then stop. Is there anything that I can do in bios? I have also done the test in bios for the hard drive and memory and every test is successful. Any suggestions? I am ready for anything except a sledge hammer. I really appreciate whatever you can do for me. I geuss I am the classic example of a little bit of knowledge being a dangerous thing. Thanks j.

Advertisements

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
dude i had the same problem before......i kept restartin the computer though it never help.....then my brother came along and formated the computer and reinstalled xp........i was like #&$^& cause i had an assingment that i hadnt finished..he said it was my only option.. though i dont recomned you doing that.

IO-error

IO-error

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
Use F8 and choose the correct option.